Did you read this on some Cisco documentation or are you just following what
you were told? The latter won't let you go further down CCIE's path. Check
the deployment guide and if you confirm there is a certificate requirement
to get Presence server to work for your CCIE Lab, please let me know it.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence,_Release_7.x_--_Deployment_of_Cisco_Unified_Presence

Regards,
Roger Carpio.