Suggest you use rack rentals to familiarize yourself with all the hardware and
do a few labs.
Then get some local hardware phones connecting to the pod remotely. You can
then decide whether to do it yourself as it is expensive to put everything
together. The rack rental guide shows all the hw sw needed. Good
luck with your studies.