Hello,

Long time returnee to IP Expert/PL  Labbing  [ last time was in Lab v2 era].

My Setup: using PL over VPN using 5 7962 connect via local PoE 3550 switch and
2811 ISR  using  router config as per PL document.

More of a general question....

Vol1 Lab 5c q5.2 [VPod 12]:

Had started Lab 5c on a previous session and had VPod11. Could not complete all
5c - its very long first time around so had returned to complete 5.8 onwards
and this time had VPod12

Previously when I  had VPod11, on q5.2  I could successfully call from BR2 sccp
and sip  phones to the UCM BR1 and HQ phones and vice versa using 4 digit
dialling.

On VPod 12 , after sucessfully configuring the SIP trunk and HQ Xcoder ,  I
could not call  from both BR2 phones  to the UCM, but could call from UCM
phones to BR2.

I checked  my config via the solution guide and also the Vol1 walkthrough but
could not spot the problem.

The debug voip dialpeer showed i was hitting the correct outbound voip DP and
in debug ccsip messages i could see *SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable* .
[ I do not have the debug output or configs to post as i did not have logging
on my terminal sessions switched on]

As it was getting late in the day, I reverted the rack and loaded the 5c final
solution to verify that I had  a config fault that i had not spotted so that i
could  return to this another day - only problem was that I still  had the same
problem in that I could not call from BR2 phones to the UCM using  the 5c final
solution. I also noticed that the Xcoder config was missing on HQ in the final
solution .

My question is are the final configs totally working solutions so you can
verify your work  ? - had anyone come across this problem using  Vpod 12

[ i have gone thro the OSL and found on Feb 2010 archive [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Lab
5c - Calls from BR2 CME SCCP / SIP to UCM HQ / BR1 SCCP Fails ]

.. Sanjay