From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Chadi H Hassoune
(chassoun)
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:10 PM
To: Pixar Perfect; Mark Thrash (marthras); Steve Keller
Cc: CCIE Voice OSL
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] SRST to voicemail without Alternate Extension

Calling Party Xform and assign it to the CUC Device Pool works fine for me.

HTH

From: Pixar Perfect <pixarperf...@live.com<mailto:pixarperf...@live.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:43 PM
To: "Mark Thrash (marthras)" <marth...@cisco.com<mailto:marth...@cisco.com>>,
Steve Keller <skeller...@gmail.com<mailto:skeller...@gmail.com>>
Cc: CCIE Voice OSL
<ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com<mailto:ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>>

the requirement is always for SiteB calling into SiteA voicemail by hitting
Messages button. SiteA is always MGCP gateway. Calling Party Xform isnt any use
on MGCP gateway for incoming calls.

here is another way of doing it ...

Voicemail Pilot for CUC is 2200

call-manager-fallback
voicemail 2777   ---> siteB specific

translation-pattern on CUCM to convert 2777 into 2200 and mask calling number
XXXX. The CSS of the translation pattern should have access to 2200.

there is no definitive answer as to which solution is graded positively. there
is a reason why many leading CCIE instructors say this is not a test of best
practices but a test of how like able is your solution to the script. .. :)