You can have the rd with 7 digits only and without the 9 for pstn access -
use either application dial rules (match 7 digits, prefix 9) or a
translation pattern to modify the rd to match your existing local route
pattern.

I'm not sure if there's an MVA bug in this version of cucm, but its pretty
easy to configure it so that you always have a full match since you will
likely have only one rd.  This is what I do for the lab.

A real world (for nanp) example of MVA partial match would be using e164
address for all rd (+1 npa-nxx-xxxx) and set partial match to 10 or 7
depending on whether all sites receive inbound ani as 10d for local calls
or if any sites receives only 7d.  This would also work for lab, but takes
extra steps if you aren't already required to use + dialing

For partial match to work, the rd must be longer than the inbound ani (ani
7d and rd +11d).  You cannot use partial match with an ani longer than the
rd (ani 10d and rd 7d), in this case your options would be to apply inbound
transformation on the gateway to make rd ani shorter (ie match the rd) or
make your rd longer and manipulate outbound dnis to make it route.