I don't know how the lab is graded, but I first answer the requirements of
the question, which sometimes states to set proper plan/type and sometimes
unknown, then for all other call flows that don't specify I set the proper
plan/type for those.  I do this for both ani and dnis.

There are two reasons why I do this - first, I type all the CLI in notepad
and configure all the routers at the beginning of the lab (after taking
basic notes on gw type, # of channels, etc) and then I go through the gw
and call routing sections and modify as needed.  Second, it can make
reading debugs a little easier as I am used to verifying plan/type for all
calls and I only need to make a note of which calls require unknown as the
exceptions.

Hope this helps...

-Justin