The aar-group setting on device pool does NOT get pushed to all devices in
the device pool, while the aar-css does.

My strategy is to set aar-css at the dev pool and to manually set the
aar-group on EVERY device (phone, gw, vm or cti port, etc) and EVERY
line/dn.  This take no thought while provisioning thing and when I get to
an aar question the only thing to build is the rlist (maybe, if an existing
doesnt match exactly) and route pattern.

That said my strategy is slightly overprovisioned to save time.  I did
thorough testing and came up with the minimum config for aar:
1. The calling entity must have the AAR-CSS on the DEVICE (there is no aar
css field on a dn, it only exists on a device/port/gw)
2. The calling entity must have the AAR-GROUP set on Either Device *OR*
Line/DN
3. The called/target LINE/DN must have the AAR-GROUP.  (this makes sense,
as you call a dn and you don't care which device(s) have a line appearance
for this dn.) if the called DN doesn't have the aar-group it will NOT work,
regarless of whether the device where the dn is assigned has the aar-group

In summary, my strategy pit the group every where and the css on devices
and I don't have to memorize the minimum req in the lab - or more
importantly I don't revisit config pahes just to setup aar.

Hope this helps...

-Justin