Hello All,

Following to my previous question, my BR1 router is a MGCP GW. I have
configured IOS based transcoder on this MGCP GW and registered to CUCM. I
am using software based conference bridge on the CUCM which is in a
different Devicepool/Region. Between Regions G729 codec is negotiated. In
this case when I try conferencing, the BR1 phone initiated the conference
is thrown out of the conference. This happens even if try to conference 2
BR1 phones with a PSTN call.
Once I moved the software based conference bridge on the CUCM to BR1 device
pool everything is working fine.

I tried to replicate the same with H323 GW and I do not find the above
mentioned issue. I am suspecting if we can use IOS based transcoder on MGCP
GW and Software based Conference bridge on CUCM which are different
Devicepool/Region.

Thanks,
Viki

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Vignesh Sethuraman
<sethuvign...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have one PVDM3-16 on my BR1 Router. I can use it for IOS transcoder and
> also for IOS CFB. In the ipexpert VoD, I heard Vik Mahli saying the DSP
> resources cannot be shared between transcoder and Conference bridge but
> when I tried in my Lab it is been shared. I hope PVDM3-16 has got 240 MIPS
> which I can use for bearer channels, transcoder and Conference bridge. The
> IOS based transcoder and IOS based Conference bridge are successfully
> registered to CUCM. When I checked, the maximum session ?, I can see
> transcoder can use 8 sessions and conference bridge can use 3 session. Out
> of which I have used 4 sessions for transcoder and 1 session for Conference
> bridge.
>
>  I am not sure what I have misunderstood in Vik's Lecture. Please correct
> me if my understanding is wrong.
>
> BR1-RTR#sh inventory | inc PVDM
> NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 16 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3
> DSP DIMM with 16 Channels"
> PID: PVDM3-16          , VID: V01 , SN: FOC15452LB4
> !
> controller T1 0/0/0
>  pri-group timeslots 1-3,24 service mgcp
> !
> dspfarm profile 1 transcode
>  codec g729r8
>  codec g711ulaw
>  codec g711alaw
>  codec g729ar8
>  codec g729abr8
>  maximum sessions 4
>  associate application SCCP
> dspfarm profile 2 conference
>  codec g711ulaw
>  codec g711alaw
>  codec g729ar8
>  codec g729abr8
>  codec g729r8
>  codec g729br8
>  maximum sessions 1
>  associate application SCCP
> !
> sccp local Loopback0
> sccp ccm X.X.X.X identifier 2 version 7.0
> sccp ccm X.X.X.X identifier 1 version 7.0
> sccp
> sccp ccm group 1
>  associate ccm 1 priority 1
>  associate ccm 2 priority 2
>  associate profile 2 register IOS-CFB-BR1
>  associate profile 1 register IOS-XCODE-BR1
> !

Free CCIE R&S, Collaboration, Data Center, Wireless & Security Videos ::

iPexpert on YouTube: www.youtube.com/ipexpertinc