Hi,

Thank you all for the replies.

As suggested, this is the residual positive difference density after
putting water and refinement in coot-refmac:
https://i.postimg.cc/DfbrbDZm/Screenshot-from-2023-12-19-16-39-38.png

Does this look like any of the three phosphate ions? Two sides are similar,
while one side is a little longer than others. H2PO4- has single negative
charged Oxygen.

The alternate conformation of the said arginine may not be possible as it
is situated quite far from aspartate.

As suggested both H2PO4- and HPO42- should dissociate to phosphate ions. Is
it possible some H2PO4- will remain undissociated at pH 6.2 at low
temperature like 4 degree centigrade (crystallization condition)? The pKa
of H2PO4- dissociation is 7.2.

Thank you for the suggestion of an anomalous map. We used 1.5412 A
wavelength for data collection. So for an anomalous map for Phosphorus we
do not have the data for now.

I tried sodium and potassium ions. Sodium gives residual positive
difference density as seen in water, for potassium also likewise. Also
presence of lysine at close distance is not helpful for them.

Waiting eagerly for your reply.

--

Thank you.

Best Regards,