Hi,

“… Liv[ing] Crystallography” implies leveraging dynamics through time-resolved
studies… But, competing for beamtime at synchrotrons and XFELs can restrict
access to those systems that pass PRP scrutiny and likely have multi-method
preliminary data from crystalline samples/slurries. However, many enzyme
systems are not amenable to techniques that readily yield individual rate
constants across a reaction coordinate. Nevertheless, they could be very
well-suited to time-resolved structural analysis with serial MX methods and
appropriate reaction initiation strategies. How might beamlines and/or
facilities coordinate various activities and/or applications to promote dynamic
structural biology studies as broadly as possible?

AMO
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Allen M. Orville, Ph.D.
Wellcome Investigator and Royal Society Wolfson Fellow
Principal Scientist, XFEL Hub at Diamond Light Source
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot, Oxfordshire
OX11 0DE
United Kingdom