STAFF SCIENTIST AND TECHNICIAN POSITIONS AVAILABLE

at Brown University, USA

The Deaconescu Lab at Brown University has one immediate opening for a staff
scientist and one technician. The laboratory’s interests lie primarily in
stress responses, with particular emphasis on responses to DNA damage and the
mechanochemistry of DNA-based motors. We utilize a combination of biochemical,
biophysical and structural techniques. (e.g. X-ray crystallography, electron
microscopy). Examples of recent work are: Brugger et al, JBC (2023, 2024),
Schwartz et al, Protein Science (2021), Brugger et al, Nature Communications
(2020), Dorich et al, Genes & Development (2019), Vemu et al. Science (2018),
Le TT et al. Cell (2018).

Successful candidates would have solid experience with protein biochemistry
(including their purification, functional characterization and assay
development). We have a variety of projects available at different stages of
development, including some that involve drug design. Prior knowledge of
crystallography and/or single-particle electron microscopy is highly desirable,
but not required.  Generous compensation, benefits and vacation time are
available to those qualified.

A successful technician candidate should preferably have a degree in
chemistry/biological sciences and more than two years experience at the bench,
at the minimum with molecular biology, and ideally, also with protein
purification and crystallization.

Interested candidates should send a CV, a one page research experience summary
and contact information for three references to
alexandra_deaconescu[at]brown.edu. Please use “staff scientist” or “technician
candidate” as a subject.

Brown University, an Ivy League school ranked as 5th best in the US by the Wall
Street Journal, is located in Providence, Rhode Island less than one hour away
by train from Boston. Rhode Island provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor
recreation with beautiful beaches and sailing.

Lab webpage: https://deaconesculab.com

Alexandra Deaconescu, B.E., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Brown University

Office: (401) 863-3215
Wet Lab: (401) 863-6729
Computational Lab: (401) 863-7031

For Mail:
Laboratories of Molecular Medicine
70 Ship St. GE-4
Providence, RI 02903

For Courier:
Laboratories of Molecular Medicine
Brown University
70 Ship St., Chestnut St. Loading Dock
Providence, RI 02903

Website: www.deaconesculab.com

Admin
Ms. Tammy Glass
Email: tammy_glass[at]brown.edu
Mailing Address:
Box G-E, Brown University,
Providence, RI 02912-G
Telephone:     401-863-7446

Confidentiality Notice:
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged
immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the original
message.

I have sent this message when convenient to me. It is not my expectation that
you read or respond to it outside regular workhours.