Dear colleagues,

The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) is proud to launch a new three-year fully funded postdoctoral fellowship for scientists from Black heritage backgrounds.

The LMB has a proud history of training generations of postdoctoral scientists who have gone on to great things across the biomedical sciences and beyond. We want to enable scientists of Black heritage who are brimming with potential and passion for molecular biology and the biomedical sciences to learn and grow their experience in our unique collaborative research environment based in our state-of-the-art building on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. The LMB will provide support for Fellows to move their career forward including a generous training budget and mentoring from LMB scientists.

While the paucity of Black scientists is evident across the UK’s higher education sector, the LMB is committed to playing its part to improve the representation of Black heritage scientists and to provide role models for future generations of scientists. This is why we are offering targeted funding for two Fellows every year.

This scheme is open to people who self-identify as being from a Black heritage background, including a mixed Black heritage background. Applicants must be either: UK domiciled researchers who wish to conduct their research in the UK, or non-UK domiciled researchers who have studied in the UK for a degree and/or PhD.

Please see our website for more information: https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/recruitment/rising-talent-fellowship/

Best wishes,

Sjors