***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


Hi Lei,

Are your crystals stable at pH=6? If so can you transfer them to pH=6 and try to soak your compound.

Anthony
On Nov 25, 2005, at 8:22 AM, Lei Zheng wrote:

***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


Hi everyone,
Sorry for an off-topic question:
I have a protein which only binds its positive charged ligand at pH above 6, unfortunately it can only be crystallised at pH4. I saw nothing in the pocket finally. The reason could be that a carboxylate essential to the binding are protonated at low pH. I thought the mutagenesis on the molecular surface could be a solution. Does anyone have such experience? Could you suggest the mutagenesis strategy or anything else to increase the crystallisation pH?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Lei


Reply via email to