Dear Sankar,

One thing to consider is that the Oxford Xcalibur system has been on the
market and in users hands for quite some time (even though this does not
strictly apply to the NOVA source). I'm not sure how many of the MM002
Rigaku has sold, and the Bruker instrument is very recent.

Apart from running tests - which in my experience give limited information
in terms of comparison (same crystals!) - your best bet is to tap into
the user list that every manufacturer will be able to provide. Write
(or phone) these people and ask for their opinion - which most will happily provide. A public forum such as this might make some people hesitant to speak up.

As an aside - I agree with Gerard and Dirk that ccp4bb users should show good manners. And I also think that companies should not use the bb as a marketing/ promotional tool.

Best,

Klaus

Klaus Fütterer, Ph.D.
School of Biosciences
University of Birmingham           P: +44-(0)-121-414 5895
Edgbaston,                         F: +44-(0)-121-414 5925
Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK            E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: www.biochemistry.bham.ac.uk/ klaus/