Hi Sam

Dogma would state that you are trying to maximise the correlation
between your model and the structure, *without over fitting* and Rfree
should thus be minimised.

However, you are likley using a maximum likelihood target, so you
should maximise the likelihood so that the model accurately describes
the data.
(Refmac quotes likelihoods as -LLGs - so minimise this)

HTH

Dave