Hi Jiamu,

is the high B-value of your protein due to motions, which are not modeled appropiately ? Which program by the way are you using for refinement ? Then the TLSMD server might help you here. Monomer or multimer in the asu ? NCS used, if so checked that they actually follow NCS and you're not forcing them ?

How does your difference density map look like around your ligand ?

Jürgen

Jiamu Du wrote:

Dear All:
I am refining a protein-peptide complex struture at 2.6 angstrom resolution. The data was obtain from a co-crystal and the wilson B factor of the data is about 70.
The affinity between protein and peptide is about 10E-7 to 10E-8 molar.
Protein fragment of the structure has a common B facor about 50.
But surprisingly, the average B factor of the peptide is as high as 130, although the peptide can be clearly traced from the the electron density map. All residues of the peptide have such a high B factor. My question is how can I reduce the abnormal high B factor to a common level or if this high B factor acceptable. And another question is if this high B fator will influence the final refiment level. Thanks.

--
Jiamu Du
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology

--
Jürgen Bosch
University of Washington