Well, I guess you can mess with the "overall B-factor correction" in the
anneal.inp and rigid.inp
files and say, turn them off. NOT a good way to proceed. That is just to let
you know where to find
it.

If you haven't already done so, do the following after the simulated annealing
step. After
annealing, run minimization (minimize.inp) and bgroup refinement (bgroup.inp).
The grouped B
refinement will refine the B factor.

Make sure that you keep an eye on how many cycles of refinement you run for
each refinement
protocol by correlating it with the drop in Rfactor and Rfree. YOu might have
to cut back on the
no. of refinement cycles in the later stages.

Hope that helps.
Raji

---------Included Message----------
>Hi everyone,
>I have some basic questions about CNS. First, I am wondering if there is
>anywhere I can set my
initial B-factor during my early refinement. When I generate my initial model
in generate.inp, I
can set the B-factore. However, after I did the rigid.inp and anneal.inp, the
B-factor just go up
to more than 100 by itself. I look through the input files, and couldn't find
where to set the B-
factor. Do I have to set the B-factor by hand each time? Or will the crazy
B-factor affect my
refinement? Second, I am refining a new protein/DNA complex. I started with the
DNA alone. After
rigid body refinement I got ~1% decrease of Rf. But when I tried anneal after
that, the Rf just
went up much higher than where I started? If you work on a protein/DNA complex,
what is your
stategy? Will the anneal help refine the DNA alone? How much decrease of Rf
usually you can get
from refining just DNA? Third, I was wondering if I want to extend my
resolution, do I have to make
sure my cv file was made with the highest resolution? Thank you for your
suggestion!

---------End of Included Message----------