That would be a great idea. In fact, I keep on my
mailbox dozens of great postings (most of them
summaries) in CCP4 which would be very useful to
everybody if there's an online resource, with
information organized in topics. I would gladly copy
them to this wiki.

Lucas

--- Kay Diederichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escreveu:

> So - rather than repeat things that are obvious to
> some people, would it
> not be good to have a crystallography-FAQ that one
> could point people
> to? This should be part of a Wiki where "we
> crystallographers" could
> collect our wisdom. This would be much more
> systematic, and less
> volatile, than the postings of this mailing list
> (which to me _is_ a
> very valuable ressource).
>
> A Wiki is not difficult to set up. Maybe it could be
> part of the CCP4
> pages? We set up a Wiki for our lab at the beginning
> of the year, and it
> was a great success, in particular because it works
> the same way as
> Wikipedia - anybody can contribute. There should be
> some means of
> controlling "write access", but that could simply be
> granted to people
> who are subscribed to the CCP4 mailing list.
>
> I'd at least volunteer in helping to get a Wiki
> started. And one way to
> get it filled with articles would be that those
> people who used to write
> a "summary" of responses would simply compose a new
> Wiki article, and
> report to the mailing list that this article exists,
> which could then be
> expanded by others.
>
> best,
>
> Kay
>

> Anastassis Perrakis schrieb:
> > Sorry for the cliche, but *the goal of refinement
> is not to reduce R
> > factors, but to produce a good model.*
> >
> > ARP/wARP uses the 'WEIGHT AUTO' option of REFMAC5
> to get a good geometry.
> > You should set the weight to a value that produces
> 1-2 and 1-3 distances
> > rms deviations similar to the ARP/wARP job,
> > to be able to compare. The fact that weight is 0.3
> says nothing.
> >
> > The correct weight can vary wildly from 0.02 to
> 0.5, in my experience.
> > for 2.0 data 0.3 sound loose, 0.15-0.2 is what I
> am used to,
> > depending on dataset. But, The only way to tell
> what is right is
> > inspecting the geometry and aim for a 'reasonable'
> rms 1-2 distances
> > deviation.
> >
> > What is 'reasonable',  can cause yet another long
> discussion, but my
> > personal favorite for 1-2 distances rms deviation
> is between 0.015-0.020.
> > In Refmac these also give the lowest R factors, in
> my hands.
> >
> > The invisible side chains is yet another long
> discussion that you can
> > retrieve from the ccp4bb archives.
> > Again, my personal preference is to leave them in
> and let them get very
> > high B factors, as long as they do not
> > get negative density in difference maps, that I
> presume you are inspecting.
> > I dont mind deleting them (but dont like it) and I
> think mutating to ALA
> [...]

      Flickr agora em português. Você cria, todo mundo vê.
http://www.flickr.com.br/