An NIH funded post-doctoral position is available to work as part of a
multi-disciplinary effort on
structure determination of proteins involved in antibiotic biosynthesis
(Science 311, 1464-1467).
Candidate should have a background in standard protein purification,
synchrotron data collection,
SAD/MAD structure determination, refinement and validation. Our lab is equipped
with an RAXIS IV+
+/H3R/Osmic/X-stream system.  In addition, the University of Illinois is a
member of LS-CAT
(Beamlines 21-IDD, IDF, and IDG at Argonne) and we are routinely allocated up
to a total of fourteen
days of insertion device line access per 3-month run.  Salary will be
commensurate with experience.

Urbana-Champaign is a friendly, energetic, midwestern college town with a very
low cost of living,
many student amenities, etc.  We are located 2.5 hours from Chicago, 2 hours
from Indianapolis and
3.5 hours from St. Louis.  Please send a CV and 3 letter of reference to:

Dr. Satish Nair
Department of Biochemistry
600 S. Mathews Ave
Urbana, IL 61801