From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
shivesh kumar
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:34 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] cryoprotectant for crystals in isopropanol

Dear all,
The question is regarding the cryoprotectant.We have crystallized a
protein in 20% PEG 500 with 10% isopropanol.What should be the cryo we
should try for data collection.Also,what percentage of PEG 500 is
sufficient enough as a cryo for data collection.
We are also trying to crystallize it with higher PEG's also like 1K, 2K,
4K.Lets C.Since the condition is having isopropanol also and it is
reported that mounting with isoprop is very difficult and it evaporates
as soon as we open the slides.
Thanx in advance...
Shivesh Kumar