Hi all,

I have some crystals from a condition with a high concentration of LiCl (3.5M is a need). The crystals look pretty, however I had no luck because they diffract very poorly (~8Å). Dehydration pushes resolution to ~4 Å, however, it damages the crystal lattice and makes disorder especially in one direction. One thing I learned is that LiCl releases a huge dilution heat at high concentration, to which my crystal seems to be very sensitive. Does anyone have some successful experience in crystallization and cryo with LiCl at such a high concentration like >3.0 M? Thanks a lot.

Lijun Liu, PhD
Institute of Molecular Biology
HHMI & Department of Physics
University of Oregon