Dear Chris et al,

My guess is something needs ruby built as a build-time dependency, but coot doesn't require it. In any case, I've got the latest version of ruby built and anyone who needs it can download it from one of my servers as described on this page:
http://tinyurl.com/h2lzq

That saves you the overhead of compiling stuff. You can just download precompiled debian packages and have fink unpack them for you.

HTH,

Bill

William G. Scott

Contact info: