Hi Junyu

It is possible at 6 Å resolution, what I would try is to cut your data and try searching in different resolution ranges 20-7 or 25-6.5 , if you are uncertain about your search model, try with a higher RMS value try going up to 2.0. If you have any data, even at very low resolution, with heavy atom soaks try to see if you can locate your heavy atom scatterers in the anomalous difference Fourier map using your MR model phases. Wrong space group, incomplete data, poor search models and ....low resolution :-) will make your life hard. Going back to the lab and try getting some experimental phases and better crystals, is probably where most of your time should be spend at this stage.

good luck
Preben

Junyu Xiao wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with molecular replacement at low resolution? I have a 6Å dataset with probably 3-4 monomers per ASU. Phaser doesn't seem to give me clear results. Can I get some advice? Any comment will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Junyu

=================================
Junyu Xiao
Department of Biological Chemistry,
University of Michigan

Lab address: 3163 Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, 210 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109-2216
Phone: 734-615-2078

--
Jens Preben Morth, Ph.D