Hi all,

a common issue with membrane protein strustures is that at the end of
refinemnt, there are (almost) always blobs of unassigned density covering the
hydrophobic region that can't be built (because they are too small for a
complete detergent molecule for example). Would it be feasible/allowed to build
individual methyl/methylene groups in those blobs, much like is done for
waters? Within CNS, what topology/parameter files would have to be used?

I seem to recollect a fairly recent membrane protein structure paper that
introduced something like this, but for the life of me I can't remember the
reference.

Cheers, Bert

Bert van den Berg
Program in Molecular Medicine
Biotech II, 373 Plantation Street, Suite 115
Worcester MA 01605
Phone: 508 856 1201 (office); 508 856 1211 (lab)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.umassmed.edu/pmm/faculty/vandenberg.cfm