Hey Andrew! Thanks for answering!

Does someone have experience in minimize energy instabilities in
beamlines?
Are you sure it's an energy instability and not an intensity one?
It's quite rare to see energy instabilities from a well calibrated
monochromator. All monochromators should be in a closed
loop, if there really are energy instabilities, then it's either
mechanical (the encoder or crystal is loose) or the closed loop
parameters are wrong for the rotational motor and the mono
is slipping out of the closed loop window.

Yes, I'm sure. I'm certain most of this problem arises from thermal
issues in the monochromator. For example, we control the temperature of
our 1st crystal, but for the 2nd one there is kind of control, the
tunning between them is not closed-looped through a MOSTAB or something,
there is no kind of shielding for the Huber. Thus, I have several
reasons to be concerned!

MX2, our new beamline devoted to MX experiments, are facing problems
with energy drifts. As far as we could notice, theses drifts are results
of the contribution from several sources - possibly electron beam
movements, heating of optical elements, etc...
Could well be, but these will result in intensity instabilities as
opposed to
energy ones

Yes, this is evident in my data.

LNLS is a 2nd generation machine with 4 straight sections available for
insertion devices. MX2 is a 2T wiggler-based beamline and produces a
peak flux of 10^11 photons/s.

What I'd like to know, before start performing calculations, how far
should I expect the heating of a non-cooled 2nd crystal affects energy?
Does someone know cases of a few eVs drifts?
The second crystal will have no effect on energy, it will have a major
impact on intensity. We had extreme difficulties in stabilising and
sheilding
our Khozu second crystal from thermal drifts. We eventually gave up and
installed a channel cut mono. The much simplier design is far more easy
to work with....

Luck you! I'm in the start of the journey! I guess I'll have to try fix
that first!  :(
Andrew, what kind of approach did you try to stabilize 2nd crystal?

If you know someone else who could contribute in someway to this
problem, please tell me.

Thank you one more time,

LS