People dont read the CCP4 documentation on twinning!  Grrr
PG P3 can have 3 twinning operators;  and these are:
k,h,-l ( or symm equiv) - if this is a crystallographic operator the PG becomes P321 -h,-k,l (or symm equiv) - if this is a crystallographic operator the PG becomes P6 -k,-h,-l (or symm equiv if this is a crystallographic operator the PG becomes P31 2

The second moment test is not too badly affected if you get the PG wrong ( some centric reflections are flagged as acentric, but these are usually a small % of the total)

Neither is the l test, but this is easily disturbed by problems with the data

However the H-test, or the Britten test and some others look at correlations between possibly twinned intensities, and there if you have the wrong point group, they can be very misleading..

From the information you have provided I would guess the PG is P321 but I need the TRUNCATE plots to be happy about saying that; they give some feeling for data quality.
Eleanor

Yingjie Peng wrote:
Hi,

I tried to processed it as P321. It seemed that it might be right. The
Rmerge increased
just a little. Then I used phenix.xtriage and sfcheck to check it. The
results are as following:

phenix.xtriage:

Twinning and intensity statistics summary (acentric data):

Statistics independent of twin laws
  - <I^2>/<I>^2 : 2.084
  - <F>^2/<F^2> : 0.827
  - <|E^2-1|>   : 0.666
  - <|L|>, <L^2>: 0.400, 0.227
       Multivariate Z score L-test: 9.082
       The multivariate Z score is a quality measure of the given
       spread in intensities. Good to reasonable data are expected
       to have a Z score lower than 3.5.
       Large values can indicate twinning, but small values do not
       necessarily exclude it.

Statistics depending on twin laws
| Operator | type | R obs. | Britton alpha | H alpha | ML alpha |
| -h,-k,l  |   M  | 0.461  | 0.102         | 0.065   | 0.022    |

Patterson analyses
  - Largest peak height   : 4.288
   (corresponding p value : 0.98768)

The largest off-origin peak in the Patterson function is 4.29% of the
height of the origin peak. No significant pseudotranslation is detected.

The results of the L-test indicate that the intensity statistics
are significantly different than is expected from good to reasonable,
untwinned data.
As there are twin laws possible given the crystal symmetry, twinning could
be the reason for the departure of the intensity statistics from normality.
It might be worthwhile carrying out refinement with a twin specific target
function.

sfcheck:

 Pseudo-translation is not detected.
 Minimal estimated error :  0.0864

 Perfect twinning test <I^2>/<I>^2 :  2.0191

 Partial Twinning test:
-h,-k,+l
 Polar angles:    0.00    0.00  180.00
 Alpha(twin fraction),Npair,Ior,Tol : 0.148  118812    2 0.000

Then, what should I do? I did not deal with any twinning dataset. Any
comments and suggestions
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yingjie