TCEP is often sold as hydrochloride salt and therefore reacts highly acidic. We usually titrate the concentrated solution *before* we add it to our proteins. This can be done within small volumes by dropwise addition of a saturated TRIS solution, check pH by pipetting a drop on a pH test strip.

Clemens