I will second noting the loss of arp_waters in CCP4 6.1. I know there is a "find waters" option in Coot 0.5.2 under "Calculate...Other modeling tools", and perhaps this is adequate, but it doesn't seem to have as many options for fine-tuning as arp_waters did. Coot allows for finding waters above a certain sigma value; arp_waters allowed this option plus setting minimum and maximum hydrogen bonding distances between heavy atoms.

At any rate, it was very handy to have this option for refmac for both Windows and Linux platforms, especially for teaching new users or undergraduates working in the CCP4i environment. I suppose I can always add ARP/WARP to CCP4i in the Linux environment, but that leave Windows users out in the cold.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

--

Roger S. Rowlett
Professor

tel: (315)-228-7245
ofc: (315)-228-7395
fax: (315)-228-7935
email: rrowl...@mail.colgate.edu

David J. Schuller wrote:
I note that in CCP4 6.1.0, arp_waters has been deprecated. Is there a
program in the suite which fills the role formerly filled by arp_waters,
of automatically adding waters?

Cheers,
-
You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people
thinking that you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University
                               schul...@cornell.edu