Hi Ed,

A bit late on the subject ....

I have collected atomic resolution data (around 0.97A) on both bovine and porcine phospholipase A2 crystals which at the time of data collection were between 10-16 years old. Crystallization setup was liquid-liquid diffusion in glass capillaries.

Differently from the other stories, here there's no degradation involved...just rock-solid Xtals. In the paper we stated: 'Crystals are stable in the crystallization solution...' which I guess well reflects their behavior.

Best wishes,
Roberto