_after_ doing the normal source'ing ccp4.setup; then "imosflm" on the command line should work.

The other option would be to install imosflm from our web-pages and run that, but since this is currently the one that ccp4 distribute there's no obvious advantage to that, other than removing the ambiguity.

HTH

On 19 Mar 2009, at 10:03, Williams, MA (Mark) wrote:

imosflm also takes the command line switch --startdir so you could try
an alias of

alias imosflm='imosflm --startdir $PWD'

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
William G. Scott
Sent: 18 March 2009 17:17
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] imosflm STARTDIR

You could try something like this (bash/zsh/sh):

alias imosflm='MOSDIR=${PWD} imosflm'

The single quotes are required for it to do the right thing.

Bill

On Mar 18, 2009, at 6:49 AM, James Foadi wrote:

Dear MOSFLM/IMOSFLM people,
when I start the new version of imosflm I expect it to dump files and
to search all files starting from the current directory. This doesn't
seem to be the case. It appears it always starts from MOSDIR. I my
imosflm.tcl the line related to STARTDIR is:

set STARTDIR [pwd]

Perhaps somebody else has written about this, but if this is the case,

I have missed the thread.

Can somebody help me with this?

Dr James Foadi PhD
Membrane Protein Laboratory
Diamond Light Source Ltd.
Diamond House
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot
Oxfordshire
OX11 0DE
United Kingdom

office email: james.fo...@diamond.ac.uk alternative email:
j.fo...@imperial.ac.uk

<DIV><FONT size="1" color="gray">This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee or an authorised recipient of the addressee please notify us of receipt by returning the e-mail and do not use, copy, retain, distribute or disclose the information in or attached to the e-mail. Any opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily of Diamond Light Source Ltd. Diamond Light Source Ltd. cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses and we cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses which may be transmitted in or with the message. Diamond Light Source Limited (company no. 4375679). Registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Diamond House, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0DE, United Kingdom
</FONT></DIV>
--
Scanned by iCritical.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QH