Dear All,

I am unsure about the likelihood function nomenclature.

I have seen the Sim function called the Rice function, and

aIso have read the acentric conditional normalized structure factor
distribution (ACNSFD)

called the Rice function (the centric conditional normalized structure
factor distribution

consistently seems to be the Woolfson distribution).

Looking at both the Sim and ACNSFD, they look like the

pdf in figure 6 of Rice ( who interestingly, attributes the function

to a Mr Bennett in ‘some unpublished work’. So I guess Rice made the Race).

So believe that

a)      both the Sim distribution and the ACNSFD

 are A Rice function, not THE Rice function. Agreeable?

b)      is there a proper name for the ACNSFD or generally

for the acentric conditional structure factor distribution?

Thx, BR

Bernhard Rupp
001 (925) 209-7429
+43 (676) 571-0536
b...@qedlife.com
b...@ruppweb.org
http://www.ruppweb.org/

Die Wissenschaft und die Wissenschafter werden

von Angst regiert - Angst vor der öffentlichen

Meinung, Angst vor religiöser Intoleranz, vor

politischem Druck und vor allem Angst vor

Heuchelei und Vorurteilen.

William Masters und Virginia Johnson, 1970