Hello everyone,

My protein crystallised in the spacegroup P6522 with one protein molecule in
the asymmetric unit. I have a PEG molecule from the crystallization condition
which crosses a two-fold crystallographic symmetry axis. PEG is symmetric hence
this does not violate the crystal symmetry. However, this situation causes two
problems which I need to solve :

First, How can I refine this structure ? I am using Phenix. Is there a way to
remove van der Waals repulsion between one half occupancy PEG and its
crystallographic symmetry mate ?

Second, how do I submit this structure to PDB ? Do I include a full PEG
molecule at half occupancy even though one half is related to the other via
crystallographic symmetry ?

Thanks,
Chandrika