Dear all,

The EU FP7 programs SPINE-2-Complexes, 3d-Repertoire and TEACH-SH are organizing a joined workshop about:

"What is a Macromolecular Complex?"

As the subtitle implies, we want to look at the "Shades of Meaning across Cellular, Systems and Structural Biology".

We have what we believe that is an excellent collection of speakers, Philippe Bastiaens (Dortmund), Gianni Cesareni (Rome) Elena Conti (Martinsried), Stephen Cusack (Grenoble), Jan Ellenberg (Heidelberg),Toby Gibson (Heidelberg), Christina Kiel (Barcelona),Andreas Ladurner (Heidelberg), Ohad Medalia (Beer-Sheva), Dino Moras (Illkirch) Andrea Musacchio (Milano), Laurence Pearl (London), Bertrand Seraphin (Gif-sur-Yvette) Holger Stark (Gottingen), Ulrich Stelzl (Berlin), Dave Stuart (Oxford), Peter Tompa (Budapest), The exact talks will travel across many scientific subjects covering cell, molecular, structural, computation and systems biology, and we hope to put together a lively and useful two-day workshop, that will help to shape interests, interactions, and approaches for the future.

The workshop will take two days, 1-2 October, will take place in Amsterdam with all its cultural amenities,
and is free for everybody to attend, following registration.

Any such workshop would be nothing without keen and lively participants, so we invite you to have a look at

http://xtal.nki.nl/Oct2009

for details on the program, dates, etc and - we hope - to register soon!

Last but not least, our Dutch readers, should check the note about the Protein Facility opening event in the morning of the 1st of October.

best regards,

Stephen Cusack
Andrea Musacchio
Carlo Petosa