On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:57:21 -0700
Bernhard Rupp <b...@ruppweb.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> the overwhelming consensus is ubuntu, largely for
> wide variety of drivers incl. wireless and nvidia (which I can
> confirm was a
> *...@%! nightmare under RH)

Just to clarify, most drivers are available for fedora/RH, just not in
the standard repositories, partly for legal reasons and primarily due
to the hard-line FSF/OSI-stuff-only-please approach fedora takes to
managing the distribution. rpmfusion.org has pretty much everything
fedora won't or can't include, and takes one click to set up. ubuntu
and fedora are pretty much identical otherwise.

-Tim

        Tim Fenn
        f...@stanford.edu
        Stanford University, School of Medicine