Rafael Couñago wrote:
Hi,

I am in doubt between the enamtiomorph space groups, p6522 and p6122. Is there a way to distinguish the correct one in the absence of a molecular replacement model?

Cheers.

Rafael.
You cannot distinguish by absences. How do you plan to phase? I would say choose one space group - and if you get left handed helicies - you guess wrong... (yes - the automated phasing software will try both and calculate which you should use based on other statistics)...

If you want to gamble - go w/ P6122... Data from the PDB indicates that there are 1.5x as many proteins w/ P6122 vs P6522...

Ezra