Hi!

On Pet, rujan 11, 2009 15:37, sajid akthar wrote:
> I have some density and I can fit a peg molecule in their. I am confused
> and when I search database for peg3350, I have no hit. How can I build a
> model for Peg 3350. I found some PDB's with peg; but they they have used
> peg400; Is there any difference in the model between peg3350 and peg400.

PEG 3350 (as other PEGs) is a mixture of many polymers with different
numbers of -CH2CH2O- mers, but with the average relative molecular mass of
3500. In electron density maps, one can usually see only a patch of PEG
polymeric chain bound to protein molecules, so one needs to find out (i.e.
to estimate) what is the proper length of the bound PEG fragment.

> Can any one define where the peg ion could bind.

Have a look at http://dx.doi.org/10.1524/zksu.2006.suppl_23.613. It might
give you an idea where PEG molecules usually bind on protein molecules.

Regards,
Dalibor

--
Dalibor Milic
Laboratory of General and Inorganic Chemistry

phone:  +385 1 460 6377
fax:    +385 1 460 6341
e-mail: dmi...@chem.pmf.hr