Hello,

on two recently installed Linux boxes (PC, i7) with Debian testing (squeeze),
arp warp classic does not run but produces the following log-file:
------- 8< snip -------------------------------------
#CCP4I VERSION CCP4Interface 2.0.5
#CCP4I SCRIPT LOG arp_warp
#CCP4I DATE 20 Nov 2009  10:43:14
#CCP4I USER tg
#CCP4I PROJECT aparp
#CCP4I JOB_ID 3
#CCP4I SCRATCH /tmp/tg
#CCP4I HOSTNAME hydra.sheldrick
#CCP4I PID 4668

<!--SUMMARY_END--></FONT></B>

#CCP4I TERMINATION STATUS 1 #CCP4I TERMINATION TIME 20 Nov 2009 10:43:44
#CCP4I TERMINATION OUTPUT_FILES  /net/home/tg/others/ap/3_arp_warp.par aparp
/net/home/tg/others/ap/1_wilson.loggraph aparp
#CCP4I MESSAGE Task completed successfully
----------------------->8 snap ----------------------------------

The gui asks about the Wilson plot, and, when run as 'run and view com file' shows the script for mtzdump.

That command executed in from the shell, produces the desired result without failure.

On an older installation, but also Debian squeeze, arp warp runs normally.

How could I further debug the arp-warp output? One guess would be that some library is missing, but I realised that the binaries are statically linked.

The directory /tmp/tg exists and is writable on both computers.

Cheers, Tim

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie