Sylvia Fanucchi wrote:
Hi and Happy New Year to you all

Hello Sylvia.

I have a little question about editing phi and psi angles in coot. When I click on the residue to adjust, it brings up a Ramachandran plot with a single dot corresponding to the phi and psi angles of the residue involved. However, if I try to adjust this by rotating either the peptide or the carbonyl, 2 dots appear. What do these 2 separate dots represent? I’m assuming they both should be in the allowed regions of the plot but I’m wondering how they relate specifically to the psi and phi angles of the peptide concerned?

The first dot is the phi,psi values of the residue you clicked on.

When you move the atoms, the 2 dots are the phi,psi for the residue you clicked on (residue n) and phi,psi for residue n+1 (because that changes too when you move the C and O atoms of the peptide)

I almost never use this tool these days. You can find out why at the study weekend :)

Paul.