You are measuring fluorescence changes which are likely to be due to compound binding by your enzyme.
In this case your blank must be your "compound" blank and no other.
Then you measure changes in fluorescence intensity and lambda max of emission as you add your enzyme.

I do not know you system.
Note however that binding (1) might be non specific and (2) need not correlate with enzyme inhibition.

Pr. Nadir T. Mrabet
Structural&  Molecular Biochemistry
Nutrigenex - INSERM U-954
Nancy University, School of Medicine
9, Avenue de la Foret de Haye, BP 184
54505 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy Cedex
France
Phone: +33 (0)3.83.68.32.73
Fax:   +33 (0)3.83.68.32.79
E-mail: Nadir.Mrabet<at>  medecine.uhp-nancy.fr