Negative (or positive) density tells you what you that what you've modelled is wrong.

If you have 1.15A X-ray data and it's telling you what you think is Ca2+ is not Ca2+, then I would think your X-ray data wins and your previous structures lose (a lot can happen from one structure to the next...). I must say, your 2fo-fc looks like a perfectly good Mg2+, since it is the same size (ish) as the surrounding O and C atoms; a Ca2+ would have given a much larger green blob.

phx.