Dear Murugan,

at higher resolution, the Wilson plot captures mainly the contribution of atoms with lower B-factors which leads to a systematic underestimation of the true B-factor distribution. Accordingly, the average B-factor of refined structures tend to be higher then the Wilson B-factor, at least in my experience. In your case, it is the other way around. One possible problem could be, apart from the fit of the Wilson plot as James Holton suggested, that you have reflections at very low resolution with underestimated intensities due to cut overloads or measurement in the half-shadow of the beamstop. This would result in a too low overall B-factor for the model in order to try to fit the usually stronger low resolution reflections at the cost of the weaker high resolution data. One quick check of this hypothesis is to cut the low resolution at, say, 10 A instead of 50 A and run a test-refinement. If this results in more realistic model B-factors, you should have a closer look at the low resolution data and exclude the ill-measured ones.

Best regards,

Dirk.