Sorry for a non-ccp4 question.

We have determined a structure which is mainly a coiled coil motif. The
two helices are from the same protein chain linked by a short turn.

However, the SAXS data indicates that "this protein is probably natively
unfolded or may have very flexible domains and linkers" as commented by
our collaborators who did the SAXS experiments.

Could this be due to the "shifting" of the turn connecting the two helices?
Has this kind of "flexibility" in the turn position in a coiled coil motif been
observed in other coiled coil structures?

Thank you

Rongjin Guan