But of course.  This is what mixed refinement is for - the easiest was
to get it to work is probably somehow generating anisou records for all
the atoms and then doing something like "egrep -v 'ANISOU|HOH'" on the
pdb file.  Mixed refinement will then refine only the atoms with
pre-existing anisou records (e.g. non-waters) anisotropically.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs