Hi there,

The way to "fix" or "freeze" an entire section of a protein molecule will
depend on the refinement program used.
For example, in CNS, I would go to the = atom selection = section in the input
file(s) and change the parameters
there. You can fix atoms, or apply harmonic restraints. Restraining
sufficiently is nearly equivalent to fixing...
Other programs, you'd have to look in the respective manuals - am at home and
it is difficult for me to access the
relevant information for Phenix and Refmac.

Fred.