It sounds like list your GST construct is not binding to the column (or very well) when the peptidase is attached. GST needs to form a dimer to binding to the column - I suspect that your construct interferes with dimer formation - when the peptidase is present, but when not there due to stalled translation (rare codon?) it binds ok. The other possibility is that when your peptidase is present it causes aggregation - preventing binding. Maybe it depends on the concentration of your construct - possibly dilute and slow binding might work - but am not sure. Also - is there much of a linker between the GST and the peptidase?

Maybe others have a suggestion...

Good luck,

Ezra