Well , maybe they are there (hydrogens), maybe they are not (also depends on
location). They, or something else also boils sometimes.
I also understand from some other publications such as
doi:10.1107/S090904509002192 (cyclosporine) that hydrogen abstraction is
irreversible. Is it supported my Mass Spectroscopy post mortem  in the case of
cyclosporine and aldose reductase?
Just what left from the irradiated crystals - molecules with or without
hydrogens can be checked in mass-spectrometer.
BTW, part of my early life I practiced small molecule X-ray crystallography,
which is by definition ultra-high resolution. When we wished to know in critical
cases were hydrogens are and if they are, we exchanged them with deuterium in
large crystals and performed neutron diffraction.
One major advantage of neutron diffraction over X-ray diffraction is that the
latter is rather insensitive to the presence of hydrogen (H) in a structure,
whereas the nuclei 1H and 2H (i.e. Deuterium, D) are strong scatterers for
neutrons. This means that the position of deuterium in a crystal structure and
its thermal motions can be determined far more precisely with neutrons

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Microbiology
and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor