Additional band on a gel might not be caused by his-tag. It is often a result
of different conformation/molecular shape and so the molecule travels with
different speed in the gel. We may wish for a homogenous sample (chemically and
structurally) but this is seldom true

See example:

Int J Mol Med 2009, 23(1), 57  Jankun et al,

VLHL plasminogen activator inhibitor spontaneously reactivates from the latent
to active form.

I fully agree with Tim - making rude comments about reviewers (or anybody else)
is not going to help you. Questioning an extra band is a legitimate remark that
you should address.

Good luck - Ewa

Dr Ewa Skrzypczak-Jankun                                  Associate Professor

University of Toledo                                           Office: Dowling
Hall r.2257

Health Science Campus                         Phone:  419-383-5414

Urology Department Mail Stop #1091                   Fax:      419-383-3785

3000 Arlington Ave.                                        e-mail:
ewa.skrzypczak-jan...@utoledo.edu

Toledo OH 43614-2598                       web:
http://golemxiv.dh.meduohio.edu/~ewa