Hi,

In our hands, the crystallisation droplets of glycosomal pyruvate phosphate
dikinase had a 'skin' of what I thought was denatured protein at the surface of
every crystallisation droplet. We had to learn to use the crystal microtools
(such as a microknife, or a micro-needle can't remember what we have - sold by
Hampton Research and I do not own shares in this company) to be able to cut
this skin and drag it to the side of the droplet before being able to suck out
the crystals. A bit like dissection under the binoculars.

Fred.