Hi Jeff,

> I'm currently working on a project where we are attempting to compare a
> single crystal X-ray structure with 2D crystals we've imaged with TEM. I
> have nice 2D cyrstals and low dose cryo images.
>
> My question is whether there is a program in ccp4 that will let you
> input a model and then generate a 2D projection using different plane
> groups. We are pretty sure, based on electron diffraction, that the 2D
> crystals contain a screw axis, as did the X-ray structure. Also, after
> generating the images, is there another program that will calculate
> structure factors and a diffraction pattern?

Since you have an X-ray structure, the easiest (?) way would be to obtain
structure factors for the X-ray structure, select zone axis reflections
for the sought projection, Fourier transform them, and then use maprot to
prepare a map with the projection down the sectioning axis. You can then
directly compare your projections.

Nicholas

--

          Dr Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,