A postdoctoral position at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is available to
study molecular mechanisms of ion/substrate transport and enzymatic processes
at the biological membrane by structural, electrophysiological, and biochemical
approaches. Our goal is to understand molecular basis for neurological
disorders and diseases caused by disruption of cellular calcium homeostasis and
apply the gained information for development of therapeutic compounds.

We are equipped with a state-of-the-art facility to conduct cutting-edge
membrane/glyco protein crystallography including a high-throughput protein
screening system, an automated crystallization screening device, and a recently
updated home x-ray source. We are also equipped with electrophysiology rigs, an
isothermal titration calorimetry device, and a fluorometer to conduct
functional studies. CSHL is located in the suburb of New York City and is
within 45 min driving distance from the National Synchrotron Light Source at
Brookhaven National Laboratory. A highly collaborative environment and meetings
and courses at CSHL provide a unique opportunity to interact with scientists
from various fields within and outside of CSHL.

Candidates must hold (or soon expect to hold) PhD in biochemistry, molecular
biology, biophysics or related fields. Strong background in molecular biology,
biochemistry, and large-scale protein expression in eukaryotic/prokaryotic
cell-lines is required. Experience in x-ray crystallography or other techniques
in structural biology, is desirable but not necessary. Applicants with
experiences in electrophysiology, and neuroscience-related biochemistry are
also welcomed. For more information, please check the laboratory website
(http://www.cshl.edu/Faculty/furukawa-hiro.html) and contact via email. Please
send CV, a brief summary of research experience and interest, and three
references to Hiro Furukawa by email at furuk...@cshl.edu